My Alaska Railroad Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Alaska Railroad Adventure

A few quick photos from my trip on the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Seward on August 29. A truly amazing adventure.

Attached Files

This is one train trip I really want to take!
    Do you have more photos you can post here on this forum?

I am also looking forward to riding on at least part of Union Pacific's Special Passenger Train excursion in 2024.
    The locomotive used will be a steam engine: "Big Boy". They are still planning this special run and have not yet released details. The route will take it through 23 U.S. States.

Comment

Originally posted by FeatherRiver View Post
      This is one train trip I really want to take!
      Do you have more photos you can post here on this forum?

I am also looking forward to riding on at least part of Union Pacific's Special Passenger Train excursion in 2024.
      The locomotive used will be a steam engine: "Big Boy". They are still planning this special run and have not yet released details. The route will take it through 23 U.S. States.
      I will check to see if I have anymore photos available. I posted most of the ones that had the train in it.

I would love to see the Big Boy in person again. The only time I have ever seen it, I was about 300ft from it (and did have a camera with me).
      Here is the schedule for the 2024 Big Boy Tour.

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by B360 Hobbies View Post

I will check to see if I have anymore photos available. I posted most of the ones that had the train in it.

I would love to see the Big Boy in person again. The only time I have ever seen it, I was about 300ft from it (and did have a camera with me).
        Here is the schedule for the 2024 Big Boy Tour.

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm
        Thanks for the link!
        Yes, I have seen this announcement as I am registered with Union Pacific's website.

The actual schedule has yet to be announced by UP.
        I sent an email to the Manager of the Western Division of Union Pacific and asked her a couple of questions - hoping to get "advanced information".
        I have yet to receive a reply.
        Should I receive a reply, I will be sure to post it here!

Comment

Working...
        X